Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dreams of Glory

This signifies my first attempt at macarons.  I have recently become fascinated by the PBS show The Great British Baking Show, which is actually a BBC show but nevermind.  I love how they all seem to know how to make these complicated dishes as if we all just knock off a trifle for Wednesday night bible study.  So I thought I might up my game a little by trying a few more challenging things for fun and just to see if I could do it.

These were delicious.  I have had macarons from bakeries but these were so fresh.  Crispy on top but chewy inside.  I made 24 halves and sandwiched them with ganache for 12 cookies.  Mmm. good. The recipe and instructions are from Tartlette's blog of the same name.  If you Google it, you will get restaurants.  Just be sure you click on the blog.  I should also warn you the recipe is in UK measures which means a scale will be involved.

So what to try next?  Custard tart?  Creme anglaise? Brandy snaps?  We'll see.!

No comments:

Post a Comment